Sunday, February 6, 2011

Are you ready for some Footbaaaaaaaaaaaall?

I'm not. I've got more important things to do then watch the Superbowl, I've got a bunch of book reports to pre-grade so Mrs. Veglahn can gauge how my grading abilities are coming, I've got books to finish, and I need to of course get some sleep so I can wake up in the morning. I should have done it earlier, the grading that is,  but I was out skiing with my dad for the last time in a long time.

You see the big boss of my dad's company went and demoted my dad's boss into my dad's position and my dad back into his old position. As a result my dad will be moving back to Austin full time and I probably won't get to go skiing much anymore, or see him much anymore. So that sucks, but I suppose that's how life goes right? Terrible unfortunate things happen and you just have to carry on, at least we gave him a proper send off. Both yesterday and today my dad, a work friend of his, and I went skiing. To commemorate the occasion I skied my first doubleblack diamond yesterday, and then continued to ski them today... doubleblack diamonds by the way are basically the hardest thing you can ski besides a cliff face. It was a great weekend, I fell more times than I could count. One time yesterday I even fell face first into a mogul and lost both my skis... all and all an awesome couple of trips. So I won't get to ski much anymore but at least my parents will be living in the same place again and I suppose it means I can go blow all that money I was saving for a snowboard on other things. I do love me some things.

As for school though, despite the constant snow (which is weird), and cold weather (which is unpleasant) Forest Ridge hasn't closed at all unlike other schools in the area. The closest we've gotten is a late day on Thursday where I got to sleep for two extra hours and then show up twenty minutes late due to unfamiliar bus schedules. I think the some of the parents have gotten tired of driving through the traffic and snow when other schools are shut down though because about a third of the class was missing on Friday. This is totally fine by me though, less reports to read :D. 

To be honest I didn't really want to be there Friday either, I spent most of the day peering out the window to the trees behind the school thinking about the woods behind my house when I was a little kid. If it wasn't so cold outside and I didn't have to get all dressed up for work I'd totally go exploring back there like old times. Been a long time since I explored a forest, there's nothing in the world like walking out from the woods all cut up from briers and thorns, scratching at a new case of poison ivy and picking those little spiky balls off your shoelaces. It's just a very satisfying misfortune... kinda like taking a nasty spill while skiing, it's worth the pain. Besides, I've never wandered a Colorado forest before, I wonder what sort of surprises I'd find among all those pines?

Anywho, back to grading
~Kal

Previous/Next

No comments:

Post a Comment