Monday, February 28, 2011

Romance

And so concludes one of the best weekends I’ve had in a long while. I suppose I should probably introduce some backstory first. There’s a girl, Veronica (but I call her Ronnie), that I’ve known for a while via classes and we've gotten to be pretty good friends. She invited me Thursday night to a party she was going to (she managed to keep her Fridays free of classes and I knew I wasn’t going to be sleeping anyhow, so why not). It looked like she was there to actually have fun. I was simply trying to escape the insanity pit that the apartment had become (more on that in a bit). She was the only one I knew very well, so I spent most of the night with her. And now we’ve been on a date every single day since, and have more planned. And the most amazing thing about all of this: on Saturday, after I got Ronnie home, I actually felt like sleeping. I feel this bears repeating: I was genuinely tired and felt like I could sleep! And it gets better because I actually could sleep. I got a whole nine hours. That hasn't happened in a while, despite my best efforts. I don’t know if it’s because of the new relationship or not but either way, I am not complaining because with sleep has come an end to the obsession with the darkness that surrounded Navidson and Johnny Truant and a window opening to happiness. The endless halls of Infinity that I have been trapped in are dissipating. I feel free.


If only I could say the same for Kal. Last week was… Well, I’m sure you can all see part of it in his posts. There were days though that he didn’t even leave his room. And I’m not sure how to help him (majoring in journalism, not psychology, after all). Maybe if I get him into the sunlight a bit more. But I think we’ll definitely be avoiding trees, for his sake.

-Michenab

No comments:

Post a Comment