Monday, February 28, 2011

I was really hoping for good news

I just got back from the school. Damien's research was not what I wanted to hear, I was hoping to get back and read that that Crowley theory was legit and then have Damien give me some simple fucking solution to fix all this. No Dice. Instead I come home to a nice big brand of BS; instead I'm stuck in the same sinking ship as all the other poor bastards out there that have encountered this thing. They call it the Slenderman, and it seems to be rather busy. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not when it comes down to my own personal situation. 

You may be asking why I've gone back to the school. I mean that's where this thing showed itself to me in the first place, that's where this all started. I'd have to be crazy to go back right? I should want to be as far from that place as possible. 

Honestly I'm still kinda praying I am crazy, I mean I know I'm not... there are all these stories out there, I can't just start hallucinating something like this before I've even heard of it. This thing is real, it's responsible for Sara's disappearance and now it's after me. It's demonstrated rather thoroughly that it can follow me wherever it likes. I feel safer with all those people around me at the school, I don't know what this Slenderman thing is or what it wants with me but from what I've read it doesn't usually act in the open... I feel safer there then alone in the apartment with Henry away at school or going out to do whatever it is that he's been doing lately. 

 There's also the matter of the kids. That Slenderia site says it goes after kids. Little Sara asked me that first week if I saw something in the woods, I laughed and said I didn't. Fuck I didn't even bother to look up. She stayed inside and drew pictures during recess, she stared out that damn window and never went out. I never realized, she went through all this first, petrified of this Slenderman and tried to ask me for help and I never even realized. I thought it was just some boogeyman you know? I mean we all had monsters under our beds, I just figured she had a good strong imagination and was just letting it get the better of her. I didn't give it a second thought. And now all this... that thing's got her and I could have done something. I'm not going to just sit and let another kid go missing. 

I've got a lot of reading to do. I need to figure this thing out... Hopefully next time you hear from me there will be good news, because there certainly isn't any tonight.
 ~Kal 

Previous/Next

No comments:

Post a Comment